Science and Engineering Ethics is an international multidisciplinary journal dedicated to exploring ethical issues associated with science and engineering, covering professional education, research and practice as well as the effects of technological innovations and research findings on society.
While the focus of this journal is on science and engineering, contributions from a broad range of disciplines, including social sciences and humanities, are welcomed. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, ethics of new and emerging technologies, research ethics, computer ethics, energy ethics, animals and human subjects ethics, ethics education in science and engineering, ethics in design, biomedical ethics, values in technology and innovation.
We welcome contributions that deal with these issues from an international perspective, particularly from countries that are underrepresented in these discussions.
- Explores ethical issues of concern to scientists and engineers
- Covers professional education, standards and ethics in research and practice
- Discusses the effects of innovation on society at large
- Includes contributions from a broad range of disciplines
- Dena Plemmons,
- Behnam Taebi
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.275 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.279 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 71 days
- Submission to first decision
- 118 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 286,047 (2018)