Science and Engineering Ethics is a multi-disciplinary journal that explores ethical issues of direct concern to scientists and engineers. Coverage encompasses professional education, standards and ethics in research and practice, extending to the effects of innovation on society at large.
Recent controversies and instances of misconduct in science have attracted considerable media attention. In addition, the power of new technologies developed through science and engineering - especially as portrayed by the media - have inspired growing popular concern. Science and Engineering Ethics offers a forum for the examination and discussion of ethical issues arising in the practice of scientific research and engineering, and in the practical application of that work.
Although the focus of this publication is science and engineering, contributions from a broad range of disciplines are included.
- Explores ethical issues of concern to scientists and engineers
- Covers professional education, standards and ethics in research and practice
- Discusses the effects of innovation on society at large
- Includes contributions from a broad range of disciplines
- Dena Plemmons
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 2.275 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.279 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 46 days
- Acceptance to publication: 27 days
- Downloads: 286,047 (2018)