Regular and Chaotic Dynamics (RCD ) is an international journal publishing research papers in dynamical systems theory and its applications. Rooted in the Moscow school of mathematics and mechanics, the journal successfully combines classical problems, modern mathematical techniques and breakthroughs in the field. Regular
Regular and Chaotic Dynamics welcomes papers that establish original results, characterized by rigorous mathematical settings and proofs, and that also address practical problems. In addition to original research papers, the journal publishes review articles, historical and polemical essays, and translations of works by influential scientists of past centuries, previously unavailable in English. Along with regular issues, Regular and Chaotic Dynamics also publishes special issues devoted to particular topics and events in the world of dynamical systems.
In this journal, special attention is given to:
- Exactly integrable nonlinear systems
- Nonintegrability and chaos theory
- Classical and celestial mechanics
- Vortex dynamics
- Fluid-solid interaction
- Nonholonomic mechanics
- Dynamics of rigid bodies
- Stability and control
- Applications to biodynamics, locomotion, and robotics.
Regular and Chaotic Dynamics is a peer reviewed journal. We use a single blind peer review format. The average period from submission to first decision in 2018 was 45 days, and that from first decision to acceptance was 45 days. The rejection rate for submitted manuscripts in 2018 was 70%. The final decision on the acceptance of an article for publication is made by the Editorial Board.
Any invited reviewer who feels unqualified or unable to review the manuscript due to the conflict of interests should promptly notify the editors and decline the invitation. Reviewers should formulate their statements clearly in a sound and reasoned way so that authors can use reviewer’s arguments to improve the manuscript. Personal criticism of the authors must be avoided. Reviewers should indicate in a review (i) any relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors, (ii) anything that has been reported in previous publications and not given appropriate reference or citation, (ii) any substantial similarity or overlap with any other manuscript (published or unpublished) of which they have personal knowledge.
- Features original research papers in dynamical systems theory and its applications.
- Rooted in the Moscow school of mathematics and mechanics, the journal brings together dynamical problems from all the sciences.
- Combines classical problems, modern techniques and breakthroughs in the field.
- Publishes research papers, review articles, comments on previously published papers, and translations of works by influential Russian scientists of past centuries, previously unavailable in English.
- Alexey Borisov
- Publishing model
- 0.933 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.124 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 6,692 (2019)
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Gale InfoTrac
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Mathematical Reviews
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)