EPJ - Special Topics (EPJ ST) publishes topical issues which are collections of review-type articles or extensive, detailed progress reports. Each issue is focused on a specific subject matter of topical interest.
The journal scope covers the whole spectrum of pure and applied physics, including related subjects such as Materials Science, Physical Biology, Physical Chemistry, and Complex Systems with particular emphasis on interdisciplinary topics in physics and related fields.
Only proposals for a complete issue will be considered.To submit a formal proposal for EPJ ST (edited volumes) please propose a sufficiently specific title, give names and affiliations of all volume editors and provide a short rationale for putting such a special issue together. Please submit a list (even if partially tentative), giving the abstracts of the contributions, as well as names and affiliations of the contributing authors and (important) the article type for each contribution, see below:
a) Minireview: A typically 10-15 pages contribution, where approximately half of the material is in form of representative mini-review of the entire subtopic/subfield, followed by, approximately of the same length, a short review of own past and present work, coherently summarized and explained in the broader context of the first part.
b) Tutorial Review: A 15+ pages tutorial review (lecture) on a broader topic that adds significantly more introductory and background material to make this reasonably self-contained reading for graduate students and non-specialists from related areas.
c) Original Paper (v1): A typically 5-10 pages contribution, which contains a significant fraction of original material e.g. because it is a follow up paper of a recently published letter or rapid communication providing more background and details and/or possibly an update re results.
d) Original Paper (v2) : A short study, typically 3-5 pages containing predominantly new material, on a very specific aspect of some broader research published elsewhere.
Not accepted are the following paper categories:
e) Only review of own recent work
f) Summaries and/or condensates of recently published (or to be published) material
No a priori restrictions regarding the mix of categories a)-d) above are given from the side of EPJ ST. The abstracts must clearly and explicitly reflect the article type.
Proposals will be refereed and thereby either accepted or rejected on the basis of the quality and completeness of such a proposal. The subsequent refereeing of the individual contributions will be in the responsibility of the guest editors. The finally submitted issue will be assessed by the editorial board and compared to the accepted proposal. The Editorial Board can request changes if the accepted proposal and the set of finally submitted manuscript differ.
Please submit your proposal to:
Commonly used title abbreviations: Eur. Phys. J. Spec. Top., Eur.Phys.J.Spec.Top., Eur Phys J Spec Top, EPJST, EPJ ST
- Offers rapid and timely publication of topical issues in all fields pertaining to pure and applied physical sciences
- Interdisciplinary coverage includes such related fields as Complex Systems, Physical Biology, Chemistry and Materials Sciences
- Topical issues may consist of refereed articles from a focused workshop or topical conference, a collection of reviews on a chosen subject, or extensive progress reports unsuitable for publication in EPJ A-E
- Free app available on iTunes and Google Play Store
- Managing Editors
- Sabine Lehr,
- Anne Ruimy
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 1.668 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.876 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 107,219 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Co-Publisher information
- The European Physical Journal is jointly published by EDP Sciences, Società Italiana di Fisica and Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)