Obesity Surgery is the official journal of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and metabolic disorders (IFSO). A journal for bariatric/metabolic surgeons, Obesity Surgery provides an international, interdisciplinary forum for communicating the latest research, surgical and laparoscopic techniques, for treatment of massive obesity and metabolic disorders. Topics covered include original research, clinical reports, current status, guidelines, historical notes, invited commentaries, letters to the editor, medicolegal issues, meeting abstracts, modern surgery/technical innovations, new concepts, reviews, scholarly presentations and opinions.
Obesity Surgery benefits surgeons performing obesity/metabolic surgery, general surgeons and surgical residents, endoscopists, anesthetists, support staff, nurses, dietitians, psychiatrists, psychologists, plastic surgeons, internists including endocrinologists and diabetologists, nutritional scientists, and those dealing with eating disorders.
- An international, interdisciplinary forum for the latest in research, clinical care, and surgical innovations for the treatment of severe obesity
- The journal's articles and videos cover original research, clinical reviews, technical innovations, medicolegal issues, and more
- The journal benefits all clinicians, researchers, and students involved or interested in the care of the severely obese
- 98% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Scott Shikora
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 3.603 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 3.824 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 39 days
- Acceptance to publication: 17 days
- Downloads: 526,311 (2018)