The Journal of Failure Analysis and Prevention is celebrating its 20th Anniversary in 2021!
The Journal of Failure Analysis and Prevention (JFAP) presents information gathering techniques, technical analysis, and emerging tools that assist failure analysis professionals in determining the cause of failures and eliminating failures in the future. Uniquely, this publication contains current news and technical articles, as well as archival peer-reviewed papers and reviews.
Articles demonstrate the importance of failure analysis to product/performance improvements and industrial problem solving. JFAP benefits both the experienced and less experienced failure analysis practitioner with a focus on shared interest across the industries.
The journal is written for and read by individuals involved in failure analysis, materials scientists, and mechanical, manufacturing, aeronautical, civil, chemical, corrosion, and design engineers.
A journal of ASM International, The Materials Information Society.
- Provides practical information for determining the cause of failures and eliminating future failures
- Highlights information-gathering techniques, technical analysis and emerging tools to assist the future analyst
- Peer-reviewed articles demonstrate the important of failure analysis, product/performance improvement and industrial problem solving
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Elvin Beach
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 164,423 (2020)
Determination of Acoustic Emissions Data Characteristics under the Response of Pencil Lead Fracture Procedure
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Optimization of Dwell and Ramp Times for SAC305 Solder Thermal Cycling Fatigue Life for Testing and Real-Life Applications
Dr. Elvin Beach, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Failure Analysis and Prevention (JFAP), announced that the JFAP Volume 20 Best Paper is “A Fractographic Analysis of Additively Manufactured Ti6Al4V by Electron Beam Melting: Effects of Powder Reuse” by Reid Schur, Sean Ghods, Eric Schultz, Conall Wisdom, Rishi Pahuja, Alex Montelione, Dwayne Arola, and Mamidala Ramulu. The winning article was published in the June 2020 issue of JFAP.
Free to access exceptional articles chosen by the Editor-in-Chief
Learn more about the many benefits of joining the Failure Analysis Society (FAS)!
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- EI Compendex
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)