The Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance (JMEP) publishes papers that report R&D results of potential archival value as well as those that assist in solving current engineering challenges.
The journal topics include state-of-the-art improvements in materials properties through alloying and the processes of casting, forming, heat treating, surface modification, coating, fabrication, and various new and emerging methods and technologies.
The editorial board encourages submission of papers that cover the relationships among applications, material type, secondary processing, component performance, process control, and performance measurement.
Its content describes materials characterization by mechanical and physical testing, NDE, metallography, failure analysis and fractography, corrosion and wear testing, chemical analysis and microanalysis, and various other tools and techniques.
The Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance publishes contributions on all aspects of materials selection, design, processing, testing, characterization, and evaluation. The journal’s scope includes all materials used in engineering applications.
- Offers articles that assist in solving day-to-day engineering challenges
- Includes all aspects of materials selection, design, processing characterization and evaluation
- A publication of ASM International, The Materials Information Society
- 96% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Rajiv Asthana
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.476 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.670 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 412,970 (2018)
Effect of Sb on the Corrosion Behavior of Low-Alloy Steels in a Simulated Polluted Marine Atmosphere
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Effect of Pulsed Current Frequency on Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Gas-Tungsten-Arc-Welded Joints of UNS R30155
Microstructural Characteristics and Tensile Behavior of a Hot-Rolled Medium-Mn Steel (0.25C-8.5Mn-0.5Si-2.5Al) Processed by Intercritical Annealing Treatment
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Articles of exceptional quality chosen by the Editor-in-Chief.
IMAT 2020, ASM’s Annual Meeting, will be taking place September 14-17, 2020, in Cleveland, Ohio
Learn more about the many benefits of joining ASM International.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source
- EBSCO Book Review Digest Plus
- EBSCO Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO OmniFile
- EBSCO STM Source
- EBSCO Science Full Text Select
- EI Compendex
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Gale InfoTrac
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest STEM Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Science Database
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- WTI Frankfurt eG