94% of authors who responded to the journal author satisfaction survey rated their publishing experience with the Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance as excellent or good!
The Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance (JMEP) publishes papers that report R&D results of potential archival value as well as those that assist in solving current engineering challenges.
The journal topics include state-of-the-art improvements in materials properties through alloying and the processes of casting, forming, heat treating, surface modification, coating, fabrication, and various new and emerging methods and technologies.
The editorial board encourages submission of papers that cover the relationships among applications, material type, secondary processing, component performance, process control, and performance measurement.
Its content describes materials characterization by mechanical and physical testing, NDE, metallography, failure analysis and fractography, corrosion and wear testing, chemical analysis and microanalysis, and various other tools and techniques.
The Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance publishes contributions on all aspects of materials selection, design, processing, testing, characterization, and evaluation. The journal’s scope includes all materials used in engineering applications.
- Offers articles that assist in solving day-to-day engineering challenges
- Includes all aspects of materials selection, design, processing characterization and evaluation
- A publication of ASM International, The Materials Information Society
- 96% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Rajiv Asthana
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.652 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.883 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 547,089 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Effects of Zn Addition on Microstructure, Mechanical, and Corrosion Properties of the As-Solutionized Mg-5Ga Alloy
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Spark Plasma Sintered Nanocrystalline TiAl-xB Composites (0.0 <x<1.5 at.%) Containing Carbon Nanotubes
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Articles of exceptional quality chosen by the Editor-in-Chief.
Learn more about the many benefits of joining ASM International.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Special Extended Abstract Submission Deadline: November 30, 2020
Manuscript Submission Deadline: December 18, 2020
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source
- EBSCO Book Review Digest Plus
- EBSCO Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO OmniFile
- EBSCO STM Source
- EBSCO Science Full Text Select
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest STEM Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Science Database
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG