The Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance (JMEP) publishes papers that report R&D results of potential archival value as well as those that assist in solving current engineering challenges.
The journal topics include state-of-the-art improvements in materials properties through alloying and the processes of casting, forming, heat treating, surface modification, coating, fabrication, and various new and emerging methods and technologies.
The editorial board encourages submission of papers that cover the relationships among applications, material type, secondary processing, component performance, process control, and performance measurement.
Its content describes materials characterization by mechanical and physical testing, NDE, metallography, failure analysis and fractography, corrosion and wear testing, chemical analysis and microanalysis, and various other tools and techniques.
The Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance publishes contributions on all aspects of materials selection, design, processing, testing, characterization, and evaluation. The journal’s scope includes all materials used in engineering applications.
- Offers articles that assist in solving day-to-day engineering challenges
- Includes all aspects of materials selection, design, processing characterization and evaluation
- A publication of ASM International, The Materials Information Society
- 96% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Rajiv Asthana
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.476 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.670 (2018)
- Acceptance to publication: 14 days
- Downloads: 412,970 (2018)