Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, an archival peer-reviewed bi-monthly publication, is uniquely focused on process metallurgy and materials processing science.
Coverage emphasizes the theoretical and engineering aspects of the processing of metals and other materials, including studies of electro- and physical chemistry, mass transport, modeling, and related computer applications. The journal is published with ASM International, The Materials Information Society, and The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS)
- · Focuses on the processing science and engineering of metals and materials
- · Publishes critically reviewed original research of archival significance
- · Main topics include composite materials, hydrometallurgy, pyrometallurgy, electrometallurgy, transport phenomena, physical chemistry, solidification, materials processing, welding and joining, light metals, and many more
- · Published in partnership with ASM International and The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society
- Principal editor
- Tresa M. Pollock
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.952 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.248 (2018)
- Acceptance to publication: 18 days
- Downloads: 349,381 (2018)