Founded in 1965, In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology - Plant is the only journal devoted solely to worldwide coverage of in vitro biology in plants. Its high-caliber original research and reviews make it required reading for anyone who needs comprehensive coverage of the latest developments and state-of-the-art research in plant cell and tissue culture and biotechnology from around the world.
Each year, four issues from the Society for In Vitro Biology (SIVB) cover cellular, molecular and developmental biology research using in vitro grown or maintained organs, tissues or cells derived from plants. Two special issues from the International Association for Plant Biotechnology (IAPB) focus on plant tissue culture, and molecular and cellular aspects of plant biotechnology. The IAPB and SIVB maintain separate, independent editorial review boards for their issues.
Coverage extends to a range of topics, including Biotechnology/genetic transformation; Developmental biology/ morphogenesis; Micropropagation; Functional genomics; Molecular farming; Metabolic engineering, and more.
- Founded in 1965
- Published on behalf of the Society for In Vitro Biology (SIVB) and in association with the International Association for Plant Biotechnology (IAPB)
- Partner Journal: In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology – Animal
- Six annual issues include four produced by SIVB and two by IAPB
- David D. Songstad,
- Yong Eui Choi
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.454 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.359 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 29 days
- Acceptance to publication: 25 days
- Downloads: 109,719 (2018)