Themed issue on The Science of Electronic Health Record Transitions: Call for Submissions
JGIM is launching a themed issue on The Science of Electronic Health Record Transitions.
The goal of this issue is to advance the science of electronic health record (EHR) system transitions. In the next decade, many health care organizations, including the VA, will transition their EHR.
The special issue will be of interest to clinicians, health services researchers, clinical informaticists, implementation scientists, social scientists, information technology professionals, institutional leaders, policymakers, and patients in both VA and non-VA settings.
We encourage submissions focused on the following topics:
• Implementation and dissemination research needs
• Implementation outcomes
• Data quality, architecture, interoperability, and migration
• Organizational change management
• Human factors engineering
• Human-computer interaction
• EHR-related training
• Patient safety
• Clinician perceptions, behaviors, and adoption
• Facility requirements analysis and readiness assessment
• Technical requirements and impacts
• Organizational behavior and project management related to EHR implementations
Papers must be submitted by November 1, 2022 and should carefully adhere to JGIM's online instructions for authors.
We accept submission of manuscripts based on full transitions to a new EHR or a major component of an EHR; submissions from VA and non-VA settings; submissions that come from any practice setting or specialty not limited to primary care or general internal medicine.
The themed issue will consider the following article types:
- Original research (quantitative and qualitative)
- Research and reporting methods
- Concise research reports
- Reviews (systematic and narrative)
- Clinical vignettes
Submission Deadline: November 1, 2022
Publication Date: Fall 2023
Guest Co-Editors: Michael Weiner, MD, MPH, Seppo Rinne, MD, PhD, Elizabeth Yano, PhD, MSPH