Criminal Law and Philosophy fills a gap in the scholarly literature by providing a platform for articles that take a philosophical perspective on any issue in the broad field of crime and punishment. It gives readers access to the latest thinking by the field’s best scholars.
Topics addressed include crime and criminalization; the content, principles, and structure of substantive criminal law; criminal justice and the criminal process; and punishment and sentencing.
Contributions from a range of philosophical schools and approaches are encouraged, in particular from both analytically oriented philosophers and from those who draw more from contemporary continental philosophy. The journal also publishes articles with an historical focus on earlier philosophical discussions of crime and punishment as well as articles with a more contemporary focus.
- Publishes articles that take a philosophical perspective on issues across the whole range of criminal law, criminal punishment and criminal justice.
- Gives readers access to the latest thinking by the field’s best scholars
- Encourages contributions from a range of philosophical schools and approaches
- Michelle Madden Dempsey,
- Matt Matravers
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 43 days
- Submission to first decision
- 73 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 216,244 (2019)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Book Review Digest Plus
- EBSCO Criminal Justice Abstracts
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Index to Legal Periodicals and Books
- EBSCO Legal
- EBSCO OmniFile
- ERIH PLUS
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Criminal Justice
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)