Mycological Progress is a scientific, international journal publishing peer-reviewed basic and applied research papers, reviews and new method descriptions that target aspects of fungi, lichens and phylogenetically unrelated, fungus-like organisms.
The journal is especially interested in publishing papers on fungal diversity (keywords: systematics, taxonomy, molecular phylogeny, comparative genomics and metagenomics). Equally welcomed are general ecological contributions and especially papers describing how fungi interact with their environments or other organisms (life style and -cycle analyses, pathogenicity, symbiosis, etc.).
Mycological Progress appreciates research that is supported by deposited vouchers and living cultures and images that illustrate the ecological, morphological and ultrastructural diversity encountered in fungi.
Fungus related research topics also from other biological disciplines that fit within the scope of the journal include: biochemistry, biotechnology, cell biology, evolutionary biology, genetics, and physiology, pathology, epidemiology, cell biology, biotechnology (including natural antibiotics, antimycotics, and other fungal secondary metabolites). Papers on all these aspects will be considered if they address a broad mycological audience.
Topical reviews on the above topics are also welcome but should be discussed with the editors prior to submission. Regional chorological studies and checklists as well as short communications will only be considered in exceptional cases.
Mycological Progress is the official journal of the German Mycological Society (DGfM) and affiliated with more than 10 mycological societies from other European countries.
Published as an e-only journal, it is dedicated to short publication times by maintaining highest quality standards.
Marc Stadler is the Editor-in-Chief.
Details concerning the submission and publication procedures:
- No Page Charges
- No Fees for Color Images
- Optional Open Access Publication Fee (APC) – USD 3260,- / Euro 2570,- / GBP 2160,-
- A peer-reviewed, international journal on all aspects of fungi
- Coverage includes lichens
- Publishes original articles, as well as reviews and methods papers
- Affiliated with more than 10 European national mycological societies
- No publication costs (except for extra Services like Open Choice or reprints)
- 95% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Marc Stadler
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.149 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.061 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 38 days
- Submission to first decision
- 130 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 109,240 (2019)
Bryoclavula phycophila gen. et sp. nov. belonging to a novel lichenized lineage in Cantharellales (Basidiomycota)
Molecular phylogeny and morphology reveal two new species of Coltricia (Hymenochaetaceae Basidiomycota) from China
Morphologically similar but not closely related: the long-spored species of Subulicystidium (Trechisporales, Basidiomycota)
Authors (first, second and last of 11)
This is part of 1 collection:
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Exceptional articles published in Mycological Progress, curated by the Editor-in-Chief
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier Biobase
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Algology, Mycology and Protozoology Abstracts (Microbiology C)
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record