Special Issue on Real-Time Intelligent Image Processing for Security Applications
The advent of machine learning techniques and image processing techniques has led to new research opportunities in this area. Machine learning has enabled automatic extraction and analysis of information from images. The convergence of machine learning with image processing is useful in a variety of security applications. Image processing plays a significant role in physical as well as digital security. Physical security applications include homeland security, surveillance applications, identity authentication, and so on. Digital security implies protecting digital data. Techniques like digital watermarking, network security, and steganography enable digital security. The rapidly increasing capabilities of imaging systems and techniques has opened new research thrust areas in security domain.
The rise in cyber and physical crime requires novel techniques to control them. In the case of both physical and digital security real-time is crucial. The availability of the right image information at the right time will enable situational awareness. The real-time image processing techniques are capable of performing the required operation in a required time latency. Physical security applications like surveillance and object tracking will be practical only if done in real-time. Similarly, biometric authentication, watermarking or network security are also time bound applications and require real-time image processing. This special issue aims to bring together researchers to present novel tools and techniques for real-time image processing for security applications augmented with machine learning techniques.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Real-time steganography and steganalysis
- Real-time watermarking technology for data and privacy protection
- Real-time image analysis for face recognition
- Real-time biometric image processing for identification
- Real-time machine learning techniques for homeland surveillance
- Real-time target detection and tracking for smart surveillance systems
- Real-time image processing for behavioral analysis
- Real-time optical Image encryption and decryption techniques
- Real-time image processing for motion detection
- Real-time image processing for vehicle navigation
- Real-time image processing for smart city securityReal-time image processing for network security
- Real-time image reconstruction for law enforcement
Dr. Akansha Singh, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Noida, India, email@example.com (Lead Guest Editor)
Dr. Ping Li, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Krishna Kant Singh, KIET Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad, India, email@example.com
Dr. Vijayalakshmi Saravanan, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org
Manuscripts submission deadline: January 30th, 2021
1st round of reviews notification: March 15th, 2021
Submission of revised manuscripts: April 15th, 2021
2nd round of reviews notification: May 15th, 2021
Anticipated print publication date: 2021; note that this publication date may get adjusted depending on the completion of the review process for all submitted manuscripts.
- Authors are invited to submit original manuscripts that have not been published and are not currently under review by other journals or conferences. Authors may be asked for their help to review other manuscripts submitted to this special issue due to their expertise in the field of this special issue.
- Paper submissions for the special issue should follow the submission format and guidelines of the journal (https://www.springer.com/journal/11554/submission-guidelines). Note that there is a page limit of 12 pages (double column format).
- During the submission procedure in Editorial Manager (https://www.editorialmanager.com/rtip/default.aspx), authors should select ‘SI: Real-Time Intelligent Image Processing for Security Applications' at the submission step 'Additional Information'.
- Special issues are reviewed and published on a “fast track” basis. Prior to sending full manuscripts, it is highly recommended to query their appropriateness for the special issue from the guest editors whose contact information are provided above.