Although there are many journals addressing the subject of image processing, the Journal of Real-Time Image Processing (JRTIP) is the only one that is solely dedicated to the real-time aspect of image and video processing.
It is often the case that an image processing algorithm is developed and proven theoretically sound, presumably with a specific application in mind, but its practical applications and the detailed steps, methodology, and trade-off analysis required to achieve its real-time performance are never fully explored. JRTIP is thus intended to bridge the gap between the theory and practice of image and video processing, serving the greater community of researchers, practicing engineers, and industrial professionals who deal with designing, implementing or utilizing real-time image and video processing systems.
The real-time aspect is critical in many real-world devices or products such as mobile phones, digital still/video/cell-phone cameras, portable media players, personal digital assistants, high-definition television, video surveillance systems, industrial visual inspection systems, medical imaging devices, vision-assisted intelligent robots, spectral imaging systems, and many other embedded image or video processing systems.
Topics covered in the journal include:
- Real-time image and video processing algorithms
- Real-time embedded image/video processing systems
- Real-time image and video processing hardware and architecture including FPGA, DSP, GPU, GPP, ASIC, System-on-Chip (SoC), and System-in-a-Package (SiP) implementations
- Real-time software optimizations and related design paradigms for image/video processing
- Real-time hardware/software co-design for image and video processing
- Real-time image and video processing applications including digital, cell-phone, and smart cameras, machine vision, industrial inspection, surveillance and security, image and video compression for transmission and for database storage and retrieval, biomedical imaging, spectral imaging, etc.
The editorial board consist of a dedicated team of experts from academia and industry who have played a major role in promoting the area of real-time image and video processing. The Editors-in-Chief and more than half of the board members have an established track record in this area. They bring several years of experience from their previous involvement with the journal Real-Time Imaging (RTI), which preceded JRTIP publishing real-time image and video processing papers.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Starting on Jan 1, 2020, a 12-page limit including references and bio (double column pages as per the journal format) will be applied to all manuscript submissions. It should be noted that manuscripts not abiding by this page limit and the journal double column format will be returned to authors and will not be placed in the review pipeline. You can find more information, including a LaTeX template, under "Instructions for Authors".
- JRTIP bridges the gap between the theory and practice of image processing.
- Covers real-time image processing systems and algorithms for industrial, medical, consumer electronics, portable and embedded device applications
- Presents practical, low-cost, and real-time architectures for image processing systems as well as tools, simulation and modeling for real-time image processing algorithms and their implementations.
- Nasser Kehtarnavaz,
- Matthias F. Carlsohn
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.968 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.976 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 45 days
- Submission to first decision
- 206 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 96,164 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ACM Digital Library
- BFI List
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)