The International Journal for Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery (IJCARS) is a peer-reviewed journal that provides a platform for closing the gap between medical and technical disciplines, and encourages interdisciplinary research and development activities in an international environment.
The focus of the journal is on Research and Development of digital imaging methods and computer-assisted diagnostic and therapeutic workflows that match and enhance the skill levels of health care professionals.
One goal of IJCARS is to provide information on new diagnostic and therapeutic processes which are facilitated by computer assisted radiology and surgery. This includes providers' experiences, patient outcomes, economic and ethical considerations, and scientific/medical validation results. It is expected that the resulting awareness by users and providers will accelerate the acceptance of CARS-supported procedures in clinical practice.
- Encourages interdisciplinary research on Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery (CARS) that closes the gap between medical and technical disciplines
- Reports on digital imaging methods and computer-assisted diagnostic and therapeutic workflows that enhance the skills of medical professionals
- Promotes broader understanding and acceptance of CARS-supported procedures
- Heinz U. Lemke
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 2.155 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.148 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 38 days
- Submission to first decision
- 12 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 159,984 (2018)