La Radiologia Medica, founded in 1914, is the official journal of the Italian Society of Medical Radiology. It is a peer-reviewed journal intended as a medium for the communication of results and developments in the field of radiology, particularly on advances in diagnostic imaging and its allied sciences. The journal presents original contributions on both basic and clinical aspects of modern radiology, including diagnostic and interventional techniques. Special emphasis is placed on modern imaging techniques, radiotherapy, nuclear medicine, radiobiology and health physics. The contents include original articles, review articles, editorials, short communications and letters to the editor, and the Journal aims at being a forum for the international radiological community.
In order to promote a more regular and and effective content spread and scientific update, starting from January 2014 the journal will be published monthly, online only and in English language.
- Covers the field of radiology, particularly advances in diagnostic imaging and its allied sciences
- Emphasizes modern imaging techniques, radiotherapy, nuclear medicine, radiobiology and health physics
- Official journal of the Italian Society of Medical Radiology
- Andrea Giovagnoni
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.420 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.576 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 60 days
- Acceptance to publication: 12 days
- Downloads: 70,543 (2018)