Presents articles that contribute to the further articulation of morphological theory and linguistic theory in general, and provide new and unexplored data. In-depth analyses of specific languages and comparative, cross-linguistic, analyses of the relevant facts offer relevant empirical evidence for the theoretical claims made in the journal.
The journal covers morphology proper as well as the interaction of morphology with phonology, syntax, and semantics, the acquisition and processing of morphological information, the nature of the mental lexicon, and morphological variation and change. Its main focus is on formal models of morphological knowledge, morphological typology, the position of morphology in the architecture of the human language faculty, and the evolution and change of language.
In addition, Morphology deals with the acquisition of morphological knowledge and its role in language processing as well as computational morphology and neurolinguistic approaches to morphology.
Your article in Morphology?
Submit online via http://www.editorialmanager.com/jomo/
- Contributes to the articulation of morphological theory and linguistic theory.
- Provides new and unexplored data in linguistic morphology.
- Features in-depth analyses of the syntax of specific languages and comparative, cross-linguistic analyses of the relevant facts, which give relevant empirical evidence for the theoretical claims made in the articles.
- Olivier Bonami,
- Ana R. Luís,
- Ingo Plag
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 89 days
- Submission to first decision
- 532 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 33,282 (2020)
Is the English writing system phonographic or lexical/morphological? A new look at the spelling of stems
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
The journal follows a double-blind reviewing procedure.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- ERIH PLUS
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- MLA International Bibliography
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)