The Journal of Urban Health is the premier and authoritative source of rigorous analyses to advance the health and well-being of people in cities. The Journal provides a platform for interdisciplinary exploration of the evidence base for the broader determinants of health and health inequities needed to strengthen policies, programs, and governance for urban health.
The Journal publishes original data, case studies, commentaries, book reviews, executive summaries of selected reports, and proceedings from important global meetings. It welcomes submissions presenting new analytic methods, including systems science approaches to urban problem solving. Finally, the Journal provides a forum linking scholars, practitioners, civil society, and policy makers from the multiple sectors that can influence the health of urban populations.
5-Year Impact Factor: 2.895 (2015)
Section "Public, Environmental & Occupational Health": Rank 66 out of 173
Section "Medicine, General & Internal": Rank 43 out of 155
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the Journal again
- David Vlahov
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 2.154 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.562 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 38 days
- Acceptance to publication: 47 days
- Downloads: 227,643 (2018)