Founded in 1963, Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing (MBEC) continues to serve the biomedical engineering community, covering the entire spectrum of biomedical and clinical engineering. The journal presents exciting and vital experimental and theoretical developments in biomedical science and technology, and reports on advances in computer-based methodologies in these multidisciplinary subjects. The journal also incorporates new and evolving technologies including cellular engineering and molecular imaging.
MBEC publishes original research articles as well as reviews and technical notes. Its Rapid Communications category focuses on material of immediate value to the readership, while the Controversies section provides a forum to exchange views on selected issues, stimulating a vigorous and informed debate in this exciting and high profile field.
MBEC is an official journal of the International Federation of Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE).
Visit MBEC's facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/MBEC11517/
- Covers the entire spectrum of biomedical and clinical engineering
- Official journal of the International Federation of Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE)
- Founded in 1963, and expanded in January 2006 to 12 issues per year
- 94% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Nitish Thakor
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 2.039 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.158 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 75 days
- Acceptance to publication: 23 days
- Downloads: 226,860 (2018)