Journal of Maritime Archaeology is the first international journal to address all aspects of maritime archaeology, both terrestrial and under water. It encompasses theory, practice and analysis relating to sites, technology, landscape, structure, and issues of heritage management.
The Journal provides a conduit for maritime approaches reaching across archaeology and related disciplines such as cultural geography, history, ethnography, oceanography and anthropology. In so doing the journal addresses all aspects of the human past relating to maritime environments.
Included in the European Reference Index for the Humanities (ERIH) PLUS
The European Reference Index for the Humanities and the Social Sciences (ERIH PLUS) was created and developed by European researchers under the coordination of the Standing Committee for the Humanities (SCH) of the European Science Foundation (ESF). https://dbh.nsd.uib.no/publiseringskanaler/erihplus/about/index
SCImago Journal and Country Rank (SJR) 2018: 0.304
71 out of 263 on the Archeology (Arts and Humanities) list
SJR is a measure of the journal’s relative impact in its field, based on its number of citations and number of articles per publication year.
Source Normalised Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2018: 0.771
The SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field. The impact of a single citation is given higher value in subject areas where citations are less likely, and vice versa.
CiteScore 2018: 0.58
- Covers maritime archaeology, both terrestrial and underwater
- Addresses landscape, structure, sites and issues of heritage management
- Spans archaeology and related disciplines such as cultural geography, history, ethnography, oceanography and anthropology
- Explores all aspects of the human past in maritime environments
- Annalies Corbin,
- Athena Trakadas
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 84 days
- Submission to first decision
- 136 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 33,227 (2019)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Springer offers members of the Advisory Council on Underwater Archaeology (ACUA) a special subscription rate of 50.00 USD (including postage) for a 1-year print subscription to Journal of Maritime Archaeology.
Read recently published open access articles in the Journal of Maritime Archaeology.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Current Contents/Arts and Humanities
- EBSCO Art
- EBSCO Art & Architecture
- EBSCO Book Review Digest Plus
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO OmniFile
- ERIH PLUS
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts (ASFA)
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Oceanic Abstracts
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- UGC-CARE List (India)