Technical Physics is a journal that contains practical information on all aspects of applied physics, especially instrumentation and measurement techniques. Particular emphasis is put on plasma physics and related fields such as studies of charged particles in electromagnetic fields, synchrotron radiation, electron and ion beams, gas lasers and discharges. Other journal topics are the properties of condensed matter, including semiconductors, superconductors, gases, liquids, and different materials.
Technical Physics is a peer reviewed journal. We use a single blind peer review format. Our team of reviewers includes over 130 experts from 5 countries. The average period from submission to first decision in 2018 was 50 days, and that from first decision to acceptance was 40 days. The rejection rate for submitted manuscripts in 2018 was 20%. The final decision on the acceptance of an article for publication is made by the Editor-in-Chief or the Deputy Editor-in-Chief or the Section Editor.
Any invited reviewer who feels unqualified or unable to review the manuscript due to the conflict of interests should promptly notify the editors and decline the invitation. Reviewers should formulate their statements clearly in a sound and reasoned way so that authors can use reviewer’s arguments to improve the manuscript. Personal criticism of the authors must be avoided. Reviewers should indicate in a review (i) any relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors, (ii) anything that has been reported in previous publications and not given appropriate reference or citation, (ii) any substantial similarity or overlap with any other manuscript (published or unpublished) of which they have personal knowledge.
- Offers practical information on all aspects of applied physics, especially instrumentation and measurement techniques
- Covers plasma physics, plus related fields such as the study of charged particles in electromagnetic fields, synchrotron radiation, relativistic electron beams, gas lasers and discharges
- Presents studies of the properties of condensed matter, including semiconductors and superconductors, and material science
- Andrei G. Zabrodskii
- Publishing model
- Impact factor: 0.637 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 0.597 (2018)
- Downloads: 22,071 (2018)