Acta Geotechnica is an international journal devoted to the publication and dissemination of basic and applied research in geoengineering – an interdisciplinary field dealing with geomaterials such as soils and rocks. Coverage emphasizes the interplay between geomechanical models and their engineering applications. The journal presents original research papers on fundamental concepts in geomechanics and their novel applications in geoengineering based on experimental, analytical and/or numerical approaches. The main purpose of the journal is to foster understanding of the fundamental mechanisms behind the phenomena and processes in geomaterials, from kilometer-scale problems as they occur in geoscience, and down to the nano-scale, with their potential impact on geoengineering. The journal strives to report and archive progress in the field in a timely manner, presenting research papers, review articles, short notes and letters to the editors.
Indexed by SCOPUS, Ulrich´s, MetaPress, Swets Informatin Services, Thomson Gale, IngentaConnect and Springerlink.
- An international journal on basic and applied research in geoengineering
- Explores the mechanical, physical, hydraulic and thermal properties of geomaterials as multiphase media
- Draws on applications in geoengineering, including foundation, dam, mining, tunneling, geohazard, geoenvironmental and petroleum engineering
- Presents research papers, review articles, short notes and letters to the editors
- 91% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Wei Wu
- Submission to first decision: 101 days
- Acceptance to publication: 17 days
- Downloads: 109,377 (2018)
- Impact factor: 3.247 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 3.312 (2018)
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?