Educational Technology Research and Development is the only scholarly journal in the field focusing entirely on research and development in educational technology.
The Research Section assigns highest priority in reviewing manuscripts to rigorous original quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods studies on topics relating to applications of technology or instructional design in educational settings. Such contexts include K-12, higher education, and adult learning (e.g., in corporate training settings). Analytical papers that evaluate important research issues related to educational technology research and reviews of the literature on similar topics are also published. This section features well-documented articles on the practical aspects of research as well as applied theory in educational practice and provides a comprehensive source of current research information in instructional technology.
The Development Section publishes research on planning, implementation, evaluation and management of a variety of instructional technologies and learning environments. Empirically based formative evaluations and theoretically based instructional design research papers are welcome, as are papers that report outcomes of innovative approaches in applying technology to instructional development. Papers for the Development section may involve a variety of research methods and should focus on one aspect of the instructional development process or more; when relevant and possible, papers should discuss the implications of instructional design decisions and provide evidence linking outcomes to those decisions.
The Cultural and Regional Perspectives Section (formerly International Review) welcome s innovative research about how technologies are being used to enhance learning, instruction, and performance specific to a culture or region. Educational technology studies submitted to this section should be situated in cultural contexts that critically examine issues and ideologies prevalent in the culture or region or by individuals or groups in the culture or region. Theoretical perspectives can be broadly based and inclusive of research, such as critical race theory, cultural-historical activity theory, and cultural models. Papers published in this section include quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods articles and reviews drawing on relevant theories, empirical evidence, and critical analyses of the findings, implications, and conclusions within a cultural context.
- The only scholarly journal for the field focusing entirely on research and development in educational technology
- Research Section features well documented articles on the practical aspects of research as well as applied theory in educational practice, a comprehensive source of current research information in instructional technology
- Development Section publishes articles concerned with the design and development of learning systems and educational technology applications
- 91% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Tristan E. Johnson,
- Lin Lin
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 3.565 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 4.500 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 61 days
- Submission to first decision
- 277 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 434,904 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Learning and innovation skills in making contexts: a comprehensive analytical framework and coding scheme
Using social media affordances to support Ill-structured problem-solving skills: considering possibilities and challenges
Free Access to Special Issue: Shifting to Digital - Informing the Rapid Development, Deployment, and Future of Teaching and Learning
''Shifting to Digital” was created to synthesize and inform the rapid development, deployment, and future of teaching and learning. Read this issue for free until November 30, 2021.
Educational Technology Research and Development is the only scholarly journal in the field focusing entirely on research and development in educational technology. More about the sections in the journal can be found here.
Educational Technology Research & Development (ETR & D) is soliciting Special-Issue proposals. More...
Educational Technology Research & Development (ETR& D) is experiencing record levels of submissions. As a result, we are seeking additional qualified reviewers. We invite you to join our family of reviewers and look forward to hearing from you. More...
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
- EBSCO Book Review Digest Plus
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Education
- EBSCO Education Research Complete
- EBSCO Education Source
- EBSCO OmniFile
- EBSCO Professional Development Collection
- EBSCO Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection
- ERIH PLUS
- Google Scholar
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)