Now accepted in SSCI (Web of Science’s Social Sciences Citation Index)
Impact Factor in 2020!
Examines science education as a cultural, cross-age, cross-class, and cross-disciplinary phenomenon. It establishes bridges between science education and social studies of science, public understanding of science, science and human values, and science and literacy. The journal provides an interactive platform for researchers working in the multidisciplinary fields of cultural studies and science education.
By taking a cultural approach and paying close attention to theories from cultural studies, the journal reflects the current diversity in science education. In addition, it reflects the variety of settings in which science education takes place, including schools, museums, zoos, laboratories, parks, aquariums, and community development, maintenance and restoration programs.
In addition to original research articles, the journal publishes essays, OP-ED, comments, criticisms, and letters on emerging issues.
The book series Cultural Studies of Science Education complements this journal.
- Examines science education as a cultural, cross-age, cross-class, and cross-disciplinary phenomenon
- Publishes articles that include theory development as an integral part of the data presentation
- Features articles that are heavily immersed in cultural studies
- Catherine Milne,
- Christina Siry
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 77 days
- Submission to first decision
- 309 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 95,764 (2018)