The Journal of Natural Medicines is an international journal presenting original research in naturally occurring medicines and their related foods and cosmetics. It covers
chemistry of natural products; biochemistry of medicinal plants; pharmacology of natural products and herbs, including Kampo formulas and traditional herbs; botanical anatomy; cultivation of medicinal plants.
The journal publishes Reviews, Mini-Reviews, Original Papers, Notes, Rapid Communications and Natural Resource Letters.
Of the papers published in each volume of the Journal of Natural Medicines, approximately three will be chosen by members of the Selection Committee for honors as the Journal of Natural Medicines Award.
- Presents original research in naturally occurring medicines and their related foods and cosmetics
- Publishes Reviews, Mini-Reviews, Original Papers, Notes, Rapid Communications, and Natural Resource Letters
- Three papers in each volume will be honored as Excellent Papers
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Chief Editor
- Masami Ishibashi
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.966 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.976 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 14 days
- Submission to first decision
- 91 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 108,764 (2018)
Inhibitory activities of phenylpropanoids from Lycopus lucidus on amyloid aggregation related to Alzheimer’s disease and type 2 diabetes
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Authors (first, second and last of 10)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
The Journal of Natural Medicines is the Official Journal of the Japanese Society of Pharmacognosy.
The award-winning papers are annually selected from all the original papers and notes published in the previous volume by the JONM Award Selection Committee of the Japanese Society of Pharmacognosy.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)