The Asian Journal of Criminology advances the study of criminology and criminal justice, promoting evidence-based public policy in crime prevention, and comparative studies on crime and criminal justice. The Journal provides a platform for discussion and exchange of ideas among criminologists, policymakers, and practitioners, by publishing papers relating to crime, crime prevention, criminal law, medico-legal topics and the administration of criminal justice in Asian countries. The focus is on theoretical and methodological papers with an emphasis on evidence-based, empirical research addressing crime in Asian contexts. It presents research from a broad variety of methodological traditions, including quantitative, qualitative, historical, and comparative methods. Its multi-disciplinary approach spans a range of disciplines, including criminology, criminal justice, law, sociology, psychology, forensic science, social work, urban studies, history, and geography.
- Advances the study of criminology and criminal justice in Asian contexts
- Promotes evidence-based public policy in crime prevention, and comparative studies on crime and criminal justice
- Presents research from a broad variety of methodological traditions
- Coverage spans criminology, criminal justice, law, sociology, psychology, forensic science, social work, urban studies and more
- Jianhong Liu
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.056 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 57 days
- Submission to first decision
- 173 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 52,053 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
From April 1-April 30, the editors of Asian Journal of Criminology invite you to enjoy free access to this special issue on “Covid-19 and Asian Criminology: Uncertainty, Complexity, and the Responsibility of AJOC Amidst Eventful Times.” All articles available without a subscription throughout the month of April.
Asian Journal of Criminology invites you to enjoy free access to this collection of articles from our December 2019 Special Issue.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Read recently published open access articles in the Asian Journal of Criminology.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Criminal Justice Abstracts
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Criminal Justice
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)