The Journal of Computer Virology and Hacking Techniques is an independent academic and technical journal dedicated to viral and antiviral computer technologies and hacking techniques (software and hardware). It considers both the theoretical and experimental aspects of computer virology and of the different techniques and approaches used by hackers.
The topics covered by this journal include but are not limited to the mathematical aspects and theoretical fundamentals of computer virology; algorithmics and computer virology; computer immunology and biological models for computers; reverse engineering (hardware and software); viral and antiviral technologies; cryptology and steganography tools and techniques; applications in computer virology; virology and IDS; hardware hacking, and free and open hardware; operating system, network, and embedded systems security; and social engineering.
While the academic world focuses on scientific methodologies (conciseness, precision and rigor of the scientific method), the hacking world approach focuses primarily on achieving goals and therefore favors the results over the methods, often producing outstanding results with new, innovative and sometimes unorthodox methods.
The goal of the journal is to enable a harmonious synthesis between both worlds and promote constructive research in computer virology and hacking techniques by publishing technical and scientific results, the ultimate objective being proactive research on attacks, through malware or not, and a proactive defense against them.
This journal was previously known as Journal in Computer Virology.
- Examines viral and antiviral computer technologies
- Encompasses both theoretical and experimental aspects of the topic
- Dedicated to proactive defense
- Eric Filiol
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 87 days
- Submission to first decision
- 248 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 34,608 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Guest Editors: Babak Sadeghiyan, Salman Niksefat
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ACM Digital Library
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EI Compendex
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- UGC-CARE List (India)