Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination addresses the vibrant and interdisciplinary field of agent-based approaches to economics and social sciences.
It focuses on simulating and synthesizing emergent phenomena and collective behavior in order to understand economic and social systems. Relevant topics include, but are not limited to, the following: markets as complex adaptive systems, multi-agents in economics, artificial markets with heterogeneous agents, financial markets with heterogeneous agents, theory and simulation of agent-based models, adaptive agents with artificial intelligence, interacting particle systems in economics, social and complex networks, econophysics, non-linear economic dynamics, evolutionary games, market mechanisms in distributed computing systems, experimental economics, collective decisions.
Contributions are mostly from economics, physics, computer science and related fields and are typically based on sound theoretical models and supported by experimental validation. Survey papers are also welcome.
Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination is the official journal of the Association of Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents.
- Investigates agent-based approaches to economics and social sciences
- Focuses on simulating and synthesizing emergent phenomena and collective behavior in order to understand economic and social systems
- Offers contributions from economics, physics, computer science, and related fields
- Shu-Heng Chen,
- Giulia Iori,
- Thomas Lux
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 1.456 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 1.584 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 64 days
- Submission to first decision
- 361 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 32,379 (2020)
Call for Papers: Special Issue on Emergence of Macro Phenomena from Interactions among Zero-Intelligence and Minimal-Intelligence Agents
Shabnam Mousavi (Max Planck Institute for Human Development), Dave Cliff (University of Bristol), Dan K. Gode (New York University), Shyam Sunder (Yale University)
Deadline for submissions: June 20, 2021
Congratulations to Shu-Heng Chen, Giulia Iori and Thomas Lux! Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination is a top rated Springer Nature journal.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- BFI List
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)