The Journal of Soils and Sediments (JSS) is devoted to soils and sediments; it deals with contaminated, intact and disturbed soils and sediments. JSS explores both the common aspects and the differences between these two environmental compartments. Inter-linkages at the catchment scale and with the Earth’s system (inter-compartment) are an important topic in JSS. The range of research coverage includes the effects of disturbances and contamination; research, strategies and technologies for prediction, prevention, and protection; identification and characterization; treatment, remediation and reuse; risk assessment and management; creation and implementation of quality standards; international regulation and legislation.
Potential authors are invited to check the contents of recent issues to determine whether their manuscript is suitable for JSS.
Research on effects caused by disturbances and contamination
Research, strategies and technologies for prediction, prevention, and protection
Research, strategies and technologies for identification and characterisation
Research, strategies and technologies for treatment, remediation and reuse
Strategies for risk assessment and management
Research on and the implementation of quality standards
International regulation and legislation.
General for soils and sediments: anthropogenic impacts, bioavailability, ecology, ecotoxicological effects, metals, natural attenuation, organic compounds, risk assessment, risk management, species sensitivity.
Keywords for Soils:
acidification, remediation: including bioremediation and phytoremediation, soil processes, soil function.
Keywords for Sediments:
sediment/water interaction, remediation of contaminated sediments, management of sediments and dredged material.
environmental scientists chemists, biologists, hydrologists, limnologists, geographers, geologists, mineralogists, environmental managers, agriculturists, foresters, landscape designers, technologists, waste and remediation specialists, lawyers.
academia and industry, research and technology, consultancy, administrative bodies, non-government organisations, legislation and regulation.
- Addresses both contaminated soils, and intact and disturbed soils and sediments
- Examines the differences and similarities of intact and contaminated soils and sediments
- Interdisciplinary coverage benefits both researchers and practitioners
- No page charges
- No color illustration charges
- 98% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Philip N. Owens,
- Zhihong Xu
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.763 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.998 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 50 days
- Submission to first decision
- 145 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 291,039 (2019)
Investigation of water retention functions of artificial soil-like substrates for a range of mixing ratios of two components
Nitrogen transformation rates in the Himalayan soils at different temperature and elevation conditions
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Agriculture Plus
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Energy & Power Source
- EBSCO Environment
- EBSCO Sustainability Reference Center
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts (ASFA)
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Environment Abstracts (Module)
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Science Database
- ProQuest Water Resources Abstracts
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record