Psychometrika, the official journal of the Psychometric Society, is devoted to the development of psychology as a quantitative rational science. Articles examine statistical methods, discuss mathematical techniques, and advance theory for evaluating behavioral data in psychology, education, and the social and behavioral sciences generally. There are three main sections in Psychometrika: Theory and Methods, Application Reviews and Case Studies (ARCS), and Book Reviews. Additionally, there is a section online for software, data, and other electronic supplementary material for the articles in these sections.
Theory and Methods is the primary section, and it contains articles that present original research on the development of quantitative models for psychological phenomena, and on quantitative methodology in the social and behavioral sciences, including new mathematical and statistical techniques for the evaluation of psychological data and the application of such techniques.
Application Reviews and Case Studies (ARCS) is the newest section of Psychometrika, and it is designed to highlight the essential connection between data analysis and modelling methodology and its application to data in psychology, education sciences, and related areas in the social sciences and marketing, in a way that deepens the substantive understanding of phenomena in one of these disciplines.
Book Reviews are the third main section of Psychometrika. Book topics include psychometrics, quantitative psychology, and areas in statistics and data mining, as well as substantive areas in psychology, social sciences, etc. that are inspiring for quantitative work in Psychometrika.
Officially cited as: Psychometrika
- Devoted to the development of psychology as a quantitative rational science
- The official journal of the Psychometric Society: www.psychometricsociety.org
- Three main sections: Theory and Methods, Application Reviews & Case Studies, and Book Reviews
- Executive Editor
- Matthias von Davier
- Section Editor: ARCS
- Edward Ip
- Section Editor: Book Reviews
- Maarten Marsman
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.959 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.510 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 77 days
- Submission to first decision
- 387 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 148,628 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)This is part of 1 collection:
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times.
Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Psychometrika publishes book reviews on topics including psychometrics, quantitative psychology, and areas in statistics and data mining, as well as substantive areas in psychology, social sciences, etc. that are inspiring for quantitative work.
Springer has agreements with institutions that cover the open access fee for their affiliated researchers. Corresponding authors can publish their articles open access in Psychometrika at no cost.
For more information about the Psychometric Society, including how to become a member of the society which includes a number of benefits including access to all issues of Psychometrika, please visit the Psychometric Society’s website.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Current Index to Statistics
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Education Research Complete
- EBSCO Education Source
- ERIH PLUS
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- Mathematical Reviews
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Education Database
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Neurosciences Abstracts
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Psychology Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Social Science Citation Index
- UGC-CARE List (India)