The journal Sport Sciences for Health publishes reports of experimental and clinical research on the physiology and pathophysiology of physical exercise. The journal places a special focus on mechanisms through which exercise can prevent or treat chronic-degenerative disease, contributing to prevention and personalized treatment of specific diseases and health maintenance with a translational perspective.
Coverage includes sport, physical activities, sports medicine, healthy lifestyles, motor behavior, physical education and adapted physical activity with different methodological approaches such as physiological, clinical, biomechanical, performance, educational, psychological, social and learning perspectives.
- Covers the physiology and pathophysiology of physical exercise
- Presents studies on application of exercise in prevention or cure of specific diseases
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Submission to first decision: 38 days
- Acceptance to publication: 14 days
- Downloads: 43,194 (2018)