Molecular Imaging and Biology presents original research contributions on the utilization of molecular imaging in problems of relevance in biology and medicine. The primary objective of the journal is to provide a forum for the discovery of molecular mechanisms of health and disease through the use of imaging techniques.
Among the topics covered are molecular imaging investigations of macromolecular targets involved in significant biological processes; design and evaluation of molecular probes used to investigate macromolecular targets and their functions; and study of in vivo animal models of disease for the development of new molecular diagnostics and therapeutics.
The overall goal is to translate basic science discoveries into molecular imaging of disease in patients, both to investigate the biological nature of disease in actual patients and to establish new molecular imaging diagnostic procedures.
Molecular Imaging and Biology is the official journal of the World Molecular Imaging Society and the European Society for Molecular Imaging.
Molecular Imaging and Biology is ranked #15 in the Google Scholar H-5 Index of Nuclear Medicine and Radiotherapy, with a 2019 H-5 Index of 31.
Why publish with us
- We are the official journal of the World Molecular Imaging Society (WMIS), the European Society for Molecular Imaging (ESMI), and the Federation of Asian Societies for Molecular Imaging (FASMI).
- Our journal presents original research on the utilization of molecular imaging in the delineation and treatment of disease, and provides a forum for precision health through imaging technologies.
- With our swift peer review process averaging 30 days to first decision, we provide high levels of author satisfaction, with 100% of authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- Jason S. Lewis
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.925 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.790 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 27 days
- Submission to first decision
- 107 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 168,220 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Bioluminescence Imaging In Vivo Confirms the Viability of Pancreatic Islets Transplanted into the Greater Omentum
Authors (first, second and last of 9)
Intraoperative Detection of Micrometastases in Whole Excised Lymph Nodes Using Fluorescent Paired-Agent Imaging Principles: Identification of a Suitable Staining and Rinsing Protocol
Authors (first, second and last of 9)
Synthesis and Characterization of [18F]JNJ-46356479 as the First 18F-Labeled PET Imaging Ligand for Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 2
Authors (first, second and last of 13)
Molecular Imaging and Biology seeks outstanding articles for publication in two Special Issues: "Imaging in Immuno-oncology" and "Optical Surgical Navigation: The Future of Fluorescence Guided Surgery". Please see further details of the respective calls for papers on the WMIS website.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO CINAHL
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO STM Source
- EBSCO Science & Technology Collection
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Biotechnology Research Abstracts
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)