This journal presents a forum for the publication of papers in the rapidly growing area of Purinergic Signalling (through purines and pyrimidines), with its exceptionally wide spectrum of signalling functions in health and disease. Coverage includes original articles, reviews, hot topics and controversies, and meeting reports.
There is both short-term purinergic signalling in transmission and secretion and long-term (trophic) signalling in controlling cell proliferation, differentiation, motility and death in development and regeneration. At the molecular level, rapid progress has been made in understanding the mechanisms of nucleotide and nucleoside release, their extracellular metabolism, the intracellular signalling cascades elicited by receptor activation and the cross-talk with other essential signalling pathways. In addition to basic research into the roles of purines and pyrimidines in physiological conditions, a recent emphasis is on translational research and the therapeutic opportunities concerning purinergic signalling.
Details on the Submission and Publicationd procedures:
- No Page Charges
- No Fees for Online & Print Color Images
- Optional Open Access Publication Fee (APC) – USD 3000,- / Euro 2200,-
- Responds to rapidly growing interest in purinergic signalling
- Presents original articles, reviews, hot topics and controversies, and meeting reports
- Geoffrey Burnstock
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 3.038 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 3.286 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 41 days
- Submission to first decision
- 23 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 69,871 (2018)