The Journal of Experimental Criminology focuses on high quality experimental and quasi-experimental research in the advancement of criminological theory and/or the development of evidence based crime and justice policy. The journal is also committed to the advancement of the science of systematic reviews and experimental methods in criminology and criminal justice. The journal seeks empirical papers on experimental and quasi-experimental studies, systematic reviews on substantive criminological and criminal justice issues, and methodological papers on experimentation and systematic review. The journal encourages submissions from scholars in the broad array of scientific disciplines that are concerned with criminology as well as crime and justice problems.
The journal now requires structured abstracts for all submissions. Please see the Instructions for Authors for more detailed information.
- Offers experimental and quasi-experimental research in the development of evidence based crime and justice policy
- Spans an array of scientific disciplines concerned with crime and justice
- Promotes advancement of the science of systematic reviews and experimental methods in criminology and criminal justice
- Wesley Jennings
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.308 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 3.609 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 50 days
- Submission to first decision
- 209 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 183,515 (2020)
The accuracy of crime statistics: assessing the impact of police data bias on geographic crime analysis
Evaluating the impact of Project Safe Neighborhoods (PSN) initiative on violence and gun crime in Tampa: does it work and does it last?
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Enjoy temporary free access to full-text articles.
Twice a year, the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Experimental Criminology recognizes exceptional contributions to the field by selecting articles of outstanding scientific and impact on research, practice, and/or policy.
Read recently published open access articles from Journal of Experimental Criminology.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Co-Publisher information
- Official Journal of the ASC Division of Experimental Criminology
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Criminal Justice Abstracts
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO SocINDEX
- EBSCO Sociology Source Ultimate
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Criminal Justice
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Psychology Database
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)