Call for Papers: Intelligent Decision Support Systems for Wireless Communications in IoT Environments
Today, Internet of Things (IoT) systems are used for connecting a various collection of smart devices, cloud data centers, fog nodes and mobile applications in many smart environments. With advancement of wireless communication systems such as 5G, RFID, Wi-Fi-Direct, and 6LoWPAN have greatly boosted the potential capabilities of IoT. With the rapid development of IoT systems, Intelligent Decision Support System (IDSS) paradigm is emerging as an attractive solution for processing and managing the information of IoT devices. IDSS for wireless communications in IoT systems investigates the substantial amount of data interactions in industry, medical systems, smart transportations, and other smart applications. IDSS is an intelligent system, which offers excellent assistant in diverse levels of information technology. Besides, it is a dynamic information model as important data is added on a uniform basis. IDSS make use of machine learning algorithms to improve the process of prediction and detection. On the other hand evolutionary algorithms, Fuzzy Logic, artificial neural networks, and intelligent agents can be integrated to IDSS for wireless communications in IoT systems. Finally, IDSS-based wireless communications can be very beneficial to a range of IoT systems where complex and critical decisions are made under time pressure, decision-makers are on the move, and the environment is dynamic and uncertain.
Despite the importance of decision making on wireless communications of IoT systems, this special issue invites researchers to publish selected original papers presenting intelligent trends to solve new challenges of IDSS problems. We also are interested in review articles as the state-of-the-art of this topic, showing recent major advances and discoveries, significant gaps in the research and new future issues.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following scope:
- IDSS for Disease prediction methods in wireless communications
- IDSS for knowledge discovery in wireless communications
- Intelligent decision-making systems for the mobile computer-aided diagnostic system.
- IDSS models for industrial IoT applications.
- Mobile medical Instrumentation and Healthcare Technologies in IoT
- Mobility for Wireless Body Area Network (WBAN) in wearable IoT systems
- Formal analysis of IDSS-based mobile systems in IoT
- Energy prediction on mobile sensor-based IDSS systems in IoT
- Blockchain technology on IDSS in IoT systems
- Big data management based on mobile IDSS in wireless communications
- IDSS on vehicular communications in IoT systems
- Decision-making systems for mobile robotic and control systems in wireless communications
- Cloud resource management based on decision-making in IoT applications
- Smart city and smart home based on IDSS in IoT
- Decision-making enabled mobile smart farming and agriculture in wireless communications
- Decision-making on financial and computational economic for wireless communications in IoT applications
Deadline for submissions: 20 August 2021
Final Decision: 30 November 2021
Tentative Publication Date: Q1, 2022
Lead Guest Editor
Dr. Alireza Souri, Department of Computer Engineering, Haliç University, Beyoğlu, İstanbul, Turkey
Prof. Vincenzo Piuri, Departimento di Information, University of Milan, Italy
Dr. Pradip Kumar Sharma, Department of Computing Science, University of Aberdeen, UK
Authors should follow the WPC Journal manuscript format described at the journal site. Manuscripts should be submitted online through https://www.editorialmanager.com/wire/default.aspx.