Aims and scope
World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology publishes research papers and review articles on all aspects of Microbiology and Microbial Biotechnology.
Since its foundation, the Journal has provided a forum for research work directed toward finding microbiological and biotechnological solutions to global problems. As many of these problems, including crop productivity, public health and waste management, have major impacts in the developing world, the Journal especially reports on advances for and from developing regions.
Some topics are not within the scope of the Journal. Please do not submit your manuscript if it falls into one of the following categories:
· Simple isolation of microbes from local sources
· Simple descriptions of an environment or reports on a procedure
· Veterinary, agricultural and clinical topics in which the main focus is not on a microorganism
· Data reporting on host response to microbes
· Optimization of a procedure
· Description of the biological effects of not fully identified compounds or undefined extracts of natural origin
· Data on not fully purified enzymes or procedures in which they are applied
All articles published in the Journal are independently refereed.