Water Resources Management is an international, multidisciplinary forum for the publication of original contributions and the exchange of knowledge and experience on the management of water resources. In particular, the journal publishes contributions on water resources assessment, development, conservation and control, emphasizing policies and strategies. Contributions examine planning and design of water resource systems, and
operation, maintenance and administration of water resource systems.
Coverage extends to these closely related topics: water demand and consumption; applied surface and groundwater hydrology; water management techniques; simulation and modelling of water resource systems; forecasting and control of quantity and quality of water; economic and social aspects of water use; legislation and water resources protection.
Water Resources Management is supported scientifically by the European Water Resources Association, a scientific and technical nonprofit-making European association.
Peer review is conducted using Editorial Manager®, supported by a database of international experts. This database is shared with the journal, Environmental Processes.
- An international forum for original contributions and the exchange of knowledge and experience on the management of water resources
- Publishes contributions on water resources assessment, development, conservation and control, emphasizing policies and strategies
- Supported scientifically by the European Water Resources Association
- 96% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- George Tsakiris
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 2.987 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 3.256 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 82 days
- Submission to first decision
- 269 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 340,960 (2018)