Voluntas, the official journal of the International Society for Third-Sector Research (ISTR), is an interdisciplinary journal that provides a central forum for worldwide research in the area between the state, market, and household sectors. The journal publishes full-length articles and book reviews.
Voluntas is essential reading for all those engaged in research on the Third Sector (voluntary and nonprofit organizations) including economists, lawyers, political scientists, psychologists, sociologists, and social and public policy analysts. It presents leading-edge academic argument around civil society issues in a style that is accessible to practitioners and policymakers.
2-Year Impact Factor: 1.273 (2017)
5-Year Impact Factor: 1.707 (2017)
20 out of 40 on the Social Issues list
SCImago Journal and Country Rank (SJR) 2017: 0.572
85 out of 386 Business and International Management list
123 out of 435 Strategy and Management list
175 out of 699 Geography, Planning and Development list
46 out of 130 Public Administration list
284 out of 1103 Sociology and Political Science list
SJR is a measure of the journal's relative impact in its field, based on its number of citations and number of articles per publication year.
Source Normalised Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2017: 1.340
The SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field. The impact of a single citation is given higher value in subject areas where citations are less likely, and vice versa.
CiteScore 2017: 1.34
Voluntas has a grade of B from the German Association for Business Research. For more information, visit: www.v-h-b.de and click on Service.
- An international forum for research in the areas between state, market, and household sectors
- Presents leading-edge academic argument around civil society issues
- Offers a style that is accessible to practitioners and policymakers
- Official journal of the International Society for Third-Sector Research (ISTR)
- Taco Brandsen,
- Susan Appe
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.468 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 3.020 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 77 days
- Submission to first decision
- 248 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 279,200 (2020)
Referee, Sponsor or Coach: How Does the Government Harness the Development of Social Enterprises? A Case Study of Chengdu, China
We are pleased to announce the winners of Best Paper in Voluntas.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Read recently published open access articles in VOLUNTAS: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- BFI List
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Nonprofit Organization Reference Center
- Google Scholar
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest Sociology
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)