Voluntas, the official journal of the International Society for Third-Sector Research (ISTR), is an interdisciplinary journal that provides a central forum for worldwide research in the area between the state, market, and household sectors. The journal publishes full-length articles and book reviews.
Voluntas is essential reading for all those engaged in research on the Third Sector (voluntary and nonprofit organizations) including economists, lawyers, political scientists, psychologists, sociologists, and social and public policy analysts. It presents leading-edge academic argument around civil society issues in a style that is accessible to practitioners and policymakers.
2-Year Impact Factor: 1.273 (2017)
5-Year Impact Factor: 1.707 (2017)
20 out of 40 on the Social Issues list
SCImago Journal and Country Rank (SJR) 2017: 0.572
85 out of 386 Business and International Management list
123 out of 435 Strategy and Management list
175 out of 699 Geography, Planning and Development list
46 out of 130 Public Administration list
284 out of 1103 Sociology and Political Science list
SJR is a measure of the journal's relative impact in its field, based on its number of citations and number of articles per publication year.
Source Normalised Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2017: 1.340
The SNIP measures contextual citation impact by weighting citations based on the total number of citations in a subject field. The impact of a single citation is given higher value in subject areas where citations are less likely, and vice versa.
CiteScore 2017: 1.34
Voluntas has a grade of B from the German Association for Business Research. For more information, visit: www.v-h-b.de and click on Service.
- An international forum for research in the areas between state, market, and household sectors
- Presents leading-edge academic argument around civil society issues
- Offers a style that is accessible to practitioners and policymakers
- Official journal of the International Society for Third-Sector Research (ISTR)
- Taco Brandsen,
- Ruth Simsa
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.469 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.779 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 54 days
- Acceptance to publication: 18 days
- Downloads: 204,844 (2018)