Call for Papers: Special issue on Mobile Intelligent Photography and Imaging
- Chongyi Li, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Mauricio Delbracio, Google Research, USA
- Jinwei Gu, SenseTime Research USA, USA
- Chen Change Loy, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
With the explosive growth of new image sensors and camera systems, developing and integrating advanced image sensors with novel algorithms in camera systems has become prevalent. Besides, the limited computational resources on mobile devices also require novel and lightweight algorithms to be developed. These progress and constraints present interesting and novel research problems to the community.
In spite of the constantly growing number of related research papers, many issues still remain and new problems emerge. Directly migrating existing methodologies and technologies cannot achieve decent performance due to the unique characteristics of new image sensors and camera systems. Contemporary theories, methodologies, and applications for mobile intelligent photography and imaging still see a large room for improvement. The recent progress of computer vision offers new opportunities and brings novel and insightful enlightenment to address the related issues of mobile intelligent photography and imaging.
This “Mobile Intelligent Photography and Imaging” IJCV special issue aims at presenting a great platform to make a definitive statement about the state of the art by providing a significant collective contribution to this emerging field of study. Specifically, we aim to solicit original contributions that:
(1) present novel theories related to mobile intelligent photography and imaging;
(2) develop state-of-the-art algorithms;
(3) introduce new applications;
(4) survey the recent progress in this area;
(5) establish benchmark datasets
The special issue is also motivated by the successful organization of the first Mobile Intelligent Photography and Imaging (MIPI) workshop held in conjunction with ECCV 2022 （http://mipi-challenge.org/MIPI2022/. In addition, the second MIPI workshop will be held in conjunction with CVPR 2023 (http://mipi-challenge.org/MIPI2023/).
Aims & Scope
The aim of this special issue is to offer a timely collection of the research achievements on the mobile intelligent and photography imaging. It is aligned with the remarkable leap of computational photography and imaging on mobile platforms. The list of possible topics includes, but is not limited to:
- Computational imaging
- Computational photography
- In-camera image processing
- Learnable image signal processor
- Learning-based computational imaging system: smart imaging and sensing systems, learnable data acquisition, task-drive ISPs, etc.
- Computationally efficient computational imaging systems and algorithms
- Advanced sensor processing: RGBW sensor de-mosaic/fusion, Quad-bayer sensor de-mosaic/fusion, etc.
- Time-of-flight imaging
- Under-display camera imaging system and algorithms
- Event camera imaging system and algorithms
- RAW-data based image and video processing
- Applications of new sensors and imaging systems
- Full paper submission deadline: 1 June 2023
- First review decision: 1 September 2023
- Revised paper due: 1 November 2023
- Final review decision: 1 January 2024
- Final manuscript decision: 1 March 2024
Please submit via IJCV Editorial Manager: www.editorialmanager.com/visi
Choose SI: Mobile Intelligent Photography and Imaging from the Article Type dropdown.
Submitted papers should present original, unpublished work, relevant to one of the topics of the Special Issue. All submitted papers will be evaluated on the basis of relevance, significance of contribution, technical quality, scholarship, and quality of presentation, by at least three independent reviewers. It is the policy of the journal that no submission, or substantially overlapping submission, be published or be under review at another journal or conference at any time during the review process. Manuscripts will be subject to a peer reviewing process and must conform to the author guide lines available on the IJCV website at: https://www.springer.com/11263.
Authors are encouraged to submit high-quality, original work that has neither appeared in, nor is under consideration by other journals. Springer provides a host of information about publishing in a Springer Journal on our Journal Author Resources page, including FAQs, Tutorials along with Help and Support.
Other links include:
For authorsSubmit manuscript
Working on a manuscript?
Avoid the most common mistakes and prepare your manuscript for journal editors.Learn more