Founded in 1967, this has been the principal journal for the publication of fundamental research on the Sun for five decades. All aspects of solar physics are reported on. Coverage ranges from the internal structure of the Sun and its evolution to the outer corona and solar wind in interplanetary space. Solar Physics publishes papers on solar-terrestrial physics and on stellar research as well, where they contribute directly to our understanding of the Sun.
Commonly used title abbreviations: SoPh, Solar Phys., Sol. Phys.
- Leading journal published since 1967
- Ranges in focus from the internal structure and evolution of the Sun to the outer corona and solar wind in interplanetary space
- Offers relevant papers on stellar research and solar-terrestrial physics
- 90% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- John Leibacher,
- Lidia van Driel-Gesztelyi,
- Christina H. Mandrini,
- Michael S. Wheatland
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 2.405 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.432 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 44 days
- Submission to first decision
- 17 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 153,613 (2018)