Since its foundation in 1974, Social Indicators Research has become the leading journal on problems related to the measurement of all aspects of the quality of life. The journal continues to publish results of research on all aspects of the quality of life and includes studies that reflect developments in the field. It devotes special attention to studies on such topics as sustainability of quality of life, sustainable development, and the relationship between quality of life and sustainability. The topics represented in the journal cover and involve a variety of segmentations, such as social groups, spatial and temporal coordinates, population composition, and life domains. The journal presents empirical, philosophical and methodological studies that cover the entire spectrum of society and are devoted to giving evidences through indicators. It considers indicators in their different typologies, and gives special attention to indicators that are able to meet the need of understanding social realities and phenomena that are increasingly more complex, interrelated, interacted and dynamical. In addition, it presents studies aimed at defining new approaches in constructing indicators.
- Is the leading journal on quality of life measurement and indicators.
- Covers all aspects of the measurement of the quality of life.
- Incorporates developments occurring in the field.
- Is a reference point on models, methods, and data.
- Enhances the understanding of social reality and its complexity.
- Filomena Maggino
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.703 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.353 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 54 days
- Submission to first decision
- 265 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 776,992 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Early-Career Complexity Before and After Labour-Market Deregulation in Italy: Heterogeneity by Gender and Socio-economic Status Across Cohorts
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Call for papers for a special issue. The editors welcome empirical or methodological analyses equally as theoretical contributions to the topic of Geographies of Well-Being and Quality of Life. More...
The journal is looking for contributions that address comparative research in the study of social reality, focusing on the construction and use of social indicators in comparative research amoung countries. More...
The 14th International German Socio-Economic Panel User Conference (SOEP2020) will be held in Berlin on July 9-10, 2020 at DIW Berlin. Submit your paper now...
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Business Source
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Education Research Complete
- EBSCO Education Source
- EBSCO Health Business
- EBSCO Health Policy Reference Center
- EBSCO Management Collection
- EBSCO MasterFILE
- EBSCO Public Affairs Index
- EBSCO SocINDEX
- EBSCO Sociology Source Ultimate
- ERIH PLUS
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Gale InfoTrac
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Education Database
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Healthcare Administration Database
- ProQuest International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- ProQuest Psychology Database
- ProQuest Public Health Database
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest Sociology
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- Social Science Citation Index