Science & Education publishes research using historical, philosophical, and sociological approaches in order to improve teaching, learning, and curricula in science and mathematics. In addition, the journal disseminates accounts of lessons, units of work, and programs at all levels of science and mathematics that have successfully utilized history and philosophy.
This journal promotes the inclusion of history and philosophy of science and mathematics courses in science and mathematics teacher education programs. Moreover, it promotes the discussion of the philosophy and purpose of science and mathematics education and their place in and contribution to the intellectual and ethical development of individuals and cultures.
To achieve its goals, Science & Education fosters collaboration among scientists, mathematicians, historians, philosophers, cognitive psychologists, sociologists, science and mathematics educators, and school and college teachers.
Book reviews are published in Science & Education only by invitation from the Book Review Editor. Researchers interested in writing book reviews to the journal are kindly asked to send a message stating this interest along with an updated CV to the book review editor's email, firstname.lastname@example.org
The book series Science: Philosophy, History and Education complements this journal. http://www.springer.com/series/13387
Members of the International History, Philosophy, and Science Teaching group have free electronic access to the journal via http://ihpst.net/
- Uses historical, philosophical, and sociological approaches in order to improve teaching, learning, and curricula in science and mathematics
- Promotes the inclusion of history and philosophy in science and mathematics teacher education programs
- Encourages the discussion of the philosophy and purpose of science and mathematics education
- 94% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Kostas Kampourakis
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.210 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.282 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 43 days
- Submission to first decision
- 15 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 135,208 (2018)