Small Business Economics: An Entrepreneurship Journal (SBEJ) publishes original, rigorous theoretical and empirical research addressing all aspects of entrepreneurship and small business economics, with a special emphasis on the economic and societal relevance of research findings for scholars, practitioners and policy makers.
SBEJ covers a broad scope of topics, ranging from the core themes of the entrepreneurial process and new venture creation to other topics like self-employment, family firms, small and medium-sized enterprises, innovative start-ups, and entrepreneurial finance. SBEJ welcomes scientific studies at different levels of analysis, including individuals (e.g. entrepreneurs' characteristics and occupational choice), firms (e.g., firms’ life courses and performance, innovation, and global issues like digitization),macro level(e.g., institutions and public policies within local, regional, national and internationalcontexts), as well as cross-level dynamics.
As a leading entrepreneurship journal, SBEJ welcomes cross-disciplinary research.
Officially cited as: Small Bus Econ
- Zoltan J. Acs,
- David B. Audretsch
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 8.164 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 8.139 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 48 days
- Submission to first decision
- 296 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 865,816 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Small Business Economics: An Entrepreneurship Journal (SBEJ) is pleased to announce its expanded presence on social media.
We are pleased to announce that David Audretsch has been named as a 2021 Clarivate Citation Laureate in Economics for pioneering research on entrepreneurship, innovation, and competition.
Small Business Economics is seeking papers for a special issue on the theme of learning from success and failure: implications for entrepreneurs SMEs and policy.
Small Business Economics is seeking papers for a special issue on the theme of entrepreneurship and religion.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- BFI List
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Associates Programs Source
- EBSCO Business Source
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Entrepreneurial Studies Source
- EBSCO Management Collection
- EBSCO Military Transition Support Center
- EBSCO Nonprofit Organization Reference Center
- EBSCO Vocational Studies
- Google Scholar
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)