Quality of Life Research is an international, multidisciplinary journal devoted to the rapid communication of original research, theoretical articles and methodological reports related to the field of quality of life, in all the health sciences. The journal also offers editorials, literature, book and software reviews, correspondence and abstracts of conferences.
Quality of life has become a prominent issue in biometry, philosophy, social science, clinical medicine, health services and outcomes research. The journal's scope reflects the wide application of quality of life assessment and research in the biological and social sciences. All original work is subject to peer review for originality, scientific quality and relevance to a broad readership.
This is an official journal of the International Society of Quality of Life Research.
Why publish with us
- We are an official journal of the International Society for Quality of Life Research (ISOQOL), a leading society in the field of health-related quality of life research.
- Our journal is ranked in the top quartile of the health policy and services category of the JCR Social Science Citation Index.
- The journal promotes the rapid communication of original research, articles, and methodological reports on quality of life research and assessment in the biological and health sciences.
- Richard Skolasky,
- Jan Boehnke,
- Claudia Rutherford
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 4.147 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 4.072 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 31 days
- Submission to first decision
- 176 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 810,231 (2020)
Psychometric properties of the spinal cord injury-quality of life (SCI-QOL) Resilience item bank in a sample with spinal cord injury and chronic pain
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Health-related quality of life among breast cancer patients compared to cancer survivors and age-matched women in the general population in Vietnam
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Family quality of life for families of children with disabilities in African contexts: a scoping review
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Improving respiratory muscle strength and health status in burn patients: a randomized controlled trial
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
The International Society for Quality of Life Research (ISOQOL) is a global community of researchers, clinicians, health care professionals, industry professionals, consultants, and patient research partners advancing health related quality of life research (HRQL).
Together, we are creating a future in which patient perspective is integral to health research, care and policy.
The editors are pleased to invite submissions to two new topical collections: Reducing research waste in (Health-Related) Quality of Life research and Methodologies and Considerations for Meaningful Change.
Registered Reports are a publication format in which the research question and the quality of methodology are peer-reviewed before the data are collected and analysed. Registered Reports are intended to strengthen the methodology and transparency of research papers. The editors are pleased to offer this article type for authors submitting to Quality of Life Research.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- BFI List
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO CINAHL
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Family & Society Studies Worldwide
- EBSCO Health Policy Reference Center
- EBSCO Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Psychology Database
- ProQuest Public Health Database
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)