Quality and Quantity constitutes a point of reference for European and non-European scholars to discuss instruments of methodology for more rigorous scientific results in the social sciences. In the era of biggish data, the journal also provides a publication venue for data scientists who are interested in proposing a new indicator to measure the latent aspects of social, cultural, and political events. Rather than leaning towards one specific methodological school, the journal publishes papers on a mixed method of quantitative and qualitative data. Furthermore, the journal’s key aim is to tackle some methodological pluralism across research cultures. In this context, the journal is open to papers addressing some general logic of empirical research and analysis of the validity and verification of social laws. Thus The journal accepts papers on science metrics and publication ethics and, their related issues affecting methodological practices among researchers.
Quality and Quantity is an interdisciplinary journal which systematically correlates disciplines such as data and information sciences with the other humanities and social sciences. The journal extends discussion of interesting contributions in methodology to scholars worldwide, to promote the scientific development of social research.
- Systematically correlates mathematics and statistics with the social sciences
- Promotes the scientific development of social research by extending discussion of interesting contributions in methodology to scholars worldwide
- 96% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Han Woo Park
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 27 days
- Submission to first decision
- 124 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 339,834 (2019)
Conducting quantitative studies with the participation of political elites: best practices for designing the study and soliciting the participation of political elites
Theory and the breadth-and-depth method of analysing large amounts of qualitative data: a research note
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Check out the Editorial of the new Editor-in-Chief of Quality and Quantity about a new era of the journal.
Quality and Quantity now introduces a book review section. Read more about this and submit your book review. More info...
Quality and Quantity invites you to submit your abstract on new trends on person-centered approaches, like Latent Profile Analysis (LPA) and Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA). Read more and submit your abstract...
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO SocINDEX
- EBSCO Sociology Source Ultimate
- ERIH PLUS
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- ProQuest Psychology Database
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest Sociology
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)