Quality and Quantity constitutes a point of reference for European and non-European scholars to discuss instruments of methodology for more rigorous scientific results in the social sciences. In the era of biggish data, the journal also provides a publication venue for data scientists who are interested in proposing a new indicator to measure the latent aspects of social, cultural, and political events. Rather than leaning towards one specific methodological school, the journal publishes papers on a mixed method of quantitative and qualitative data. Furthermore, the journal’s key aim is to tackle some methodological pluralism across research cultures. In this context, the journal is open to papers addressing some general logic of empirical research and analysis of the validity and verification of social laws. Thus The journal accepts papers on science metrics and publication ethics and, their related issues affecting methodological practices among researchers.
Quality and Quantity is an interdisciplinary journal which systematically correlates disciplines such as data and information sciences with the other humanities and social sciences. The journal extends discussion of interesting contributions in methodology to scholars worldwide, to promote the scientific development of social research.
- Systematically correlates mathematics and statistics with the social sciences
- Promotes the scientific development of social research by extending discussion of interesting contributions in methodology to scholars worldwide
- 96% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Han Woo Park
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.072 (2017)
- Impact factor
- 1.154 (2017)
- Five year impact factor
- 27 days
- Submission to first decision
- 94 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 339,834 (2019)
Changes over time in the spatial structure of fertility rates as a dynamic indicator of urban transformations
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Check out the Editorial of the new Editor-in-Chief of Quality and Quantity about a new era of the journal.
The journal Quality&Quantity occasionally publishes special/thematic sections. The aim of thematic sections is to bring out/produce collections of articles on a particular theme in order to enable new insights into theoretical and empirical scientific knowledge of contemporary, socially and scientifically relevant topics. More...
Quality and Quantity is looking for papers for a special issue, that is aiming to result in a better understanding of the different purposes for which CCMs can be used and which solution types fits best with what purpose. More..
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO SocINDEX
- EBSCO Sociology Source Ultimate
- ERIH PLUS
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- ProQuest Psychology Database
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest Sociology
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)