Queueing Systems: Theory and Applications (QUESTA) is a well-established journal focusing on the theory of resource sharing in a wide sense, particularly within a network context. The journal is primarily interested in probabilistic and statistical problems in this setting.
QUESTA welcomes both papers addressing these issues in the context of some application and papers developing mathematical methods for their analysis. Among the latter, one would particularly quote Markov chains and processes, stationary processes, random graphs, point processes, stochastic geometry, and related fields.
The prospective areas of application include, but are not restricted to production, storage and logistics, traffic and transportation, computer and communication systems.
Officially cited as: Queueing Syst.
- Publishes research on theoretical problems in resource sharing dynamics (in a broad sense), with particular interests in probability and statistics
- Publishes rigorous applied probability research, with a broad range of applications, to computer and communication systems, traffic and transportation, and production, storage and logistics, among others
- Offers timely and topical surveys on novel problems in queueing systems and stochastic networks arising from cutting edge applications
- Sergey Foss
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 1.114 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.034 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 89 days
- Submission to first decision
- 312 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 44,547 (2019)
Asymptotic properties of the occupation measure in a multidimensional skip-free Markov-modulated random walk
Equilibrium in a finite capacity M/M/1 queue with unknown service rates consisting of strategic and non-strategic customers
Learn more about the upcoming Special Issue on Learning and Control in Stochastic Networks.
Queueing Systems highlights some of the recent top cited papers from the journal.
Read recently published open access articles from Queueing Systems.
Access a report of the top scoring Altmetric articles from Queueing Systems and join the conversation.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- ACM Digital Library
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- Current Index to Statistics
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source
- EBSCO Computer Science Index
- EBSCO Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Mathematical Reviews
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Computer Science
- ProQuest Computer and Information Systems Abstracts
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Science Database
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)