Queueing Systems: Theory and Applications (QUESTA) is a well-established journal focusing on the theory of resource sharing in a wide sense, particularly within a network context. The journal is primarily interested in probabilistic and statistical problems in this setting.
QUESTA welcomes both papers addressing these issues in the context of some application and papers developing mathematical methods for their analysis. Among the latter, one would particularly quote Markov chains and processes, stationary processes, random graphs, point processes, stochastic geometry, and related fields.
The prospective areas of application include, but are not restricted to production, storage and logistics, traffic and transportation, computer and communication systems.
Officially cited as: Queueing Syst.
- Publishes research on theoretical problems in resource sharing dynamics (in a broad sense), with particular interests in probability and statistics
- Publishes rigorous applied probability research, with a broad range of applications, to computer and communication systems, traffic and transportation, and production, storage and logistics, among others
- Offers timely and topical surveys on novel problems in queueing systems and stochastic networks arising from cutting edge applications
- Sergey Foss
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 0.814 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 0.953 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 67 days
- Submission to first decision
- 361 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 43,669 (2018)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times.
Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Learn more about the upcoming Special Issue on Learning and Control in Stochastic Networks.
Read recently published open access articles from Queueing Systems.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- ABS Academic Journal Quality Guide
- ACM Digital Library
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- Current Index to Statistics
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Applied Science & Technology Source
- EBSCO Computer Science Index
- EBSCO Computers & Applied Sciences Complete
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Gale InfoTrac
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Mathematical Reviews
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Computer Science
- ProQuest Computer and Information Systems Abstracts
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Science Database
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)