Plant and Soil publishes original papers and review articles exploring the interface of plant biology and soil sciences, and that enhance our mechanistic understanding of plant-soil interactions. This includes both fundamental and applied aspects of mineral nutrition, plant-water relations, symbiotic and pathogenic plant-microbe interactions, root anatomy and morphology, soil biology, ecology, agrochemistry and agrophysics. Articles discussing a major molecular or mathematical component also fall within the scope of the journal. All contributions appear in the English language.
Plant and Soil is published under the auspices of the Royal Netherlands Society of Agricultural Science.
The Editor-in-Chief is Hans Lambers, University of Western Australia, Crawley, Australia.
- English language journal exploring the interface of plant biology and soil sciences
- Topics include plant-water relations, symbiotic and pathogenic plant-microbe interactions, root anatomy and morphology, agrochemistry and agrophysics
- Presents articles discussing major molecular or mathematical components
- Editor-in-Chief: Hans Lambers, University of Western Australia
- 96% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Free app available on iTunes and Google Play Store
- Hans Lambers
- Managing Editor
- Lieve Bultynck
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 3.259 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 3.761 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 32 days
- Submission to first decision
- 150 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 945,982 (2018)