Phytochemistry Reviews is an international review journal that publishes peer-reviewed papers in six issues annually. The journal examines topical issues, some of which result from meetings organized by the Phytochemical Society of Europe (PSE) and by the Phytochemical Society of North America (PSNA).
The journal also presents original review papers advancing knowledge of plants in respect to their chemistry, function, biosynthesis, effects on other plants, animal physiology and pathology.
Also covered is the application of such knowledge in agriculture and industry. Invited meeting papers are complemented with other review papers resulting in a thorough overview of the status of all areas in phytochemistry.
The Editors-in-Chief are Robert Verpoorte from the Institute of Biology Leiden, The Netherlands, Maike Petersen from the Philipps University, Marburg, Germany and Reinhard Jetter from the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
- The only review journal covering all aspects of phytochemistry
- Presents original review papers advancing knowledge of plants
- Coverage includes application of knowledge in agriculture and industry
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Robert Verpoorte,
- Maike Petersen,
- Reinhard Jetter
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 4.298 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 4.587 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 34 days
- Submission to first decision
- 145 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 159,326 (2019)
Thiol-trapping natural products under the lens of the cysteamine assay: friends, foes, or simply alternatively reversible ligands?
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
To submit a manuscript to one of the Special Issues, authors should include a statement that the authors were invited and authors have to make sure to select the correct special issue in the manuscript submission system.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Current Contents/ Life Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Science & Technology Collection
- Elsevier Biobase
- Google Scholar
- IFIS Publishing
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- UGC-CARE List (India)